To open your account, Capitec Bank need the following 2 documents from you:
- Original identification document
- If you are liable to pay tax in a country other than South Africa we require your foreign tax number
The Bank will scan and keep a record of these for identification and verification purposes.
Find out more about all the documents you need: FICA documents info
Some options will require a FICA Declaration form that you can get at any of our branches or download here: FICA Declaration form
Important note on all documents
- Certified copies of original documents are only accepted in the case of rental or lease agreements and marriage or birth certificates
- Temporary identity documents or passports are not acceptable
- A valid version of the document means that it must be current and unexpired
- FICA requires that all client information be correct and up to date. It is therefore important that you notify us of any changes to your identity or residential address details. Visit your nearest branch with your identification document and original proof of residential address to update your details
How to begin the process
Go to Capitecbank.co.za to start your process
How to open a bank account A bank account is a safe and reliable way to keep your money, and many jobs nowadays require you to have a bank account to receive your salary.
All you need is your ID book and proof of residence to open an account at any South African Bank. Pick an account and a bank that works for your needs including low fees and benefits to match your lifestyle.
Basic transactional accounts offer: A debit card to use for withdrawals and deposits of cash SMS notifications of your transactions Cell phone banking, so that you can transact from your phone at minimal cost.
What you will need SA ID book or valid passport with the relevant study/work permits Note: Green barcoded ID book or smartcards only Proof of residence Note: Utility bills or a bank-letter completed by your landlord, local chief or Councillor.
Who can open a bank account in SA? South African Citizens Foreign Nationals living in SA How do I start? All you need to do is to go to StandardBank.Co.Za